I can’t believe we are now ending 2009 in just a matter of days. Egad! New Years will be over, it’ll be 2010 and time to start planning for Mardi Gras — anyone coming to visit??? Sooo updates? Yes, hopefully this blog will get bigger and better for 2010. More more more. My new years resolution, to work on my spelling…
The 30th ends my 200 follower contest. 200 followers has led to 450+ followers. Can not believe it, thanks my new guys, ya’ll rock. And even more rock to the ones who were there from the beginning.
The contest was crazy! I have 287 entries so far! I’m dreading tallying up those entries, it might take me all of 2010 to do that. It also looks like the design contest that I started yesterday might have a great turnout – 50+ entries already. I feel the love. ♥ ♥ ♥
Speaking of love —-> Awards!
Probably one of the most complimentary awards I’ve received. Thanks chick!
It signifies all the bloggers out there who constantly work hard to keep an updated and insightful website. They aren’t afraid to take a bite with their honest reviews and enjoyable content. You amaze me, you inspire me so I call you a blog monster.
I’m passing this on to my peeps and blog addictions:
List 10 things that make you happy.
Try and do at least one of them today.
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
Link back to the person that tagged you.
10 things that make me happy:
1. Reading – kinda obvious
5. Watching Movies
6. Expensive Coffee
7. Big bathtubs
8. The weather right before a big storm
9. drinking games
10. fudge pop o’clock
10 Blogs that brighten my day
I was awarded this darlin’ award by Natalie @ Mindful Musings. Thanks for the award. Is that an apron though on her? Here are the rules for spreading the love:
1. Thank and post URL to the blog that gave the award. (check)
2. Pass the award along to 6 brilliantly over the top blogs (blogs you love!) Alert them so they know to receive the award.
3 Copy and paste this quiz… Change the answers, ONE word only. (2 are acceptable!)
1. Where is your cell phone? ??
2. Your hair? Black
3. Your mother? Check facebook
4. Your father? football/drinking
5. Your favorite food? cookies
6. Your dream last night? climbing
7. Your favorite drink? champagne
8. Your dream/goal? lottery
9. What room are you in? den
10. Your hobby? this
11. Your fear? slow death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? swimming
13. Where were you last night? reading
14. Something that you aren’t? hermaphrodite
15. Muffins? cupcakes? both.
16. Wish list item? time
17. Where did you grow up? New Orleans
18. Last thing you did? bath
19. What are you wearing? sleepy T-shirt
20. Your TV? hubby-football
21. Your pets? sleeping
22. Friends? MIA
23. Your life? Intense
24. Your mood? Time for bed
25. Missing someone? Nope
26. Vehicle? Soccer Mom Mini-van OMG!
27. Something you’re not wearing? Bra!
28. Your favorite store? Barnes & Noble
29. Your favorite color? Pink
30. When was the last time you laughed? Shhh…being quite baby sleeping
31. Last time you cried? Catching Fire….a few weeks back.
32. Your best friend? Husband
Passing this award on to:
1. Patti @ Book Addict
2. JoJo @ JoJosBookCorner
3. Caitlin @ All Things Print
4. Larissa @ Larissa’s Life
5. The Book Vixen
6. Leotine @ Leotine’s Book Realm
First off, awards can sometimes get out of hand. But this one is *kewl* and is just starting to make its first rounds. I actually feel very flattered that I was awarded this! *Taking a bow* I could have awarded this fancy, vulgar award to a number of folks – but then who would they pass it on too???
Awarded by KindleVixen
. This award is making its rounds today!
The rules of this award are as follows:
Pass it on to 5 blogs you think are kick ass and explain why. Here are my choices:
- Ya_RockStarlett: Great reviews, great web template and great attitude. I enjoy reading Starlett’s post, here tweets and her comments.
- Ramblings of a Book Bitch: I like her swirls and silhouette, I like her title, And can you tell I like blogs with attitude???
- Pure Imagination: Her New Moon buttons rocked and I actually enjoy her Vlogs! Even though I’ve done one, I’m not too sure about Vlogs. Sometimes it is good to keep the blogger hidden…lol. As my granny always said: “Face for radio.” But not of course Lori @ Pure Imagination
- Poisoned Rationality: One of my fav reviewers, I like her style and tone and I really enjoy reading her posts.
- Ooh…Books: The blogger out there that makes me think. Cara actually prodded me to post some poetry…I know huh??? She also introduces me to a lot of reading out of my “comfort zone” which I love.
You guys kick ass!