Ode To SummerMy Bad Summer Poem
Welcome to the final week of the Summertime Blog & reader Challenge. Let’s go out with a bang, you with me? Today we are talking about:
Write a Bad Summer Poem (Or Good if you like that stuff)
A Really Bad Summer Poem
Summer, Summer, Summertime
Should be sipping on a Corona…
But, not without the lime.
Instead, I’m holed up trying to stay cool
Braless and maxing out the a/c
Glaring at the neighbors with the pool.
Hiding from the puffs of white floating in the air
Allergies making me sneeze my head off
The highlight of my day, dying my hair.
Oh, Summer, Summer, hot and sticky summer
You used to mean so much to me
Now, all you are to me is a bummer.
Now I get rashes from the heat all over my ass
When before I ran wild, not a care to be had.
I miss you, Summer, I miss the idea of you.
But, really I miss you fall…please hurry up and get here.
The End (Thank God!)
Summertime Challenge Info:
- The challenge will run the month of June (link lists will be closed down July 1)
- The first post goes up June 1 and will run Monday – Friday’s the month of June (posts will not be up on the weekends, we have to have swim time at some point!)
- You don’t have to have a book blog, or “blog” to participate, you can do this on Facebook or another social site if you want
- If you post, please leave a link. There will be a weekly link-up post – scheduled for Monday with the scheduled topics for that week. Please link in that post.
- This is to help, not hinder – don’t stress if you miss a day or two or three
- Share your post and use the hashtag #SummerBookBlogChallenge
- Week 5 - Link up post
- Post 19 - Write a Bad Summer Poem (Or Good if you like that stuff)
- TBL - Favorite Quotes from Books
- TBL - City Summer Spotlight
- TBL - Challenge Wrap-up