Summer Vacay Spots I Wouldn’t Want to Go
We all know where we want to go, where would you never go that is a popular vacation spot?
I have a few places in the United States that are last on my list when I take off on the “great American Adventure.” Lovely cities, maybe, but not my cup of tea.
While they love portraying the decay of Detroit in beautiful dystopian images, and I think if I was into photo journaling for vacation destinations, that might be cool. But, I’m not into photo journaling. And I think at the moment Detroit is probably the last city in America I would like to see at the moment.
Image Credit: Cleveland, Ohio Factory Smoke by Erik Drost
I don’t think I have much of a desire to visit the entire state, but Cleveland tops the list. Doesn’t help that Cleveland always tops the list of worst places to visit in the U.S. whenever they have one of those list kind of things. Crime, cold, and overly urban environments – are you seeing a pattern in things I don’t like?
Image Credit:19950304 15 SP Oakland, California by David Wilson
I know California is beautiful, my husband lived there. I have an inkling to do a Coast tour all the way up to Canada. I don’t think I want to visit Oakland though. I think I’ll pass through San Fran, but skip Oakland.
Summer Vacay Spots You Wouldn’t Want to Go
Summertime Challenge Info:
- The challenge will run the month of June (link lists will be closed down July 1)
- The first post goes up June 1 and will run Monday – Friday’s the month of June (posts will not be up on the weekends, we have to have swim time at some point!)
- You don’t have to have a book blog, or “blog” to participate, you can do this on Facebook or another social site if you want
- If you post, please leave a link. There will be a weekly link-up post – scheduled for Monday with the scheduled topics for that week. Please link in that post.
- This is to help, not hinder – don’t stress if you miss a day or two or three
- Share your post and use the hashtag #SummerBookBlogChallenge