Did I Scare You?
Don’t be scared. Follow these quick tips on using fonts and then have fun with the best free fonts on the website.
- To Serif or Not to Serif San Serif fonts are the most prolific choice in web design, but a beautiful serif font can enhance the beauty of your site. Make sure if you are using it as a paragraph font that you increase the text size a bit higher than a san serif font and you give it room to breath (increase line-height).
- Room to Breath Make sure you don’t have a tight line-height and you have a good size to your font. The point is legibility.
- Contrast Never place a large chunk of text on a colored background. If the point of your website is CONTENT then you want to make it easy to read. This means contrast.
- Avoid Scripts in Paragraphs Don’t use a fancy, decorative, or script font in paragraph text. Only use those fonts for headers.
- Keep it Minimal You only want to use a FEW fonts. I’m recommending MAX three fonts, within each post. Spice up your post by using different versions of ONE font family.
THE BEST FREE WEB FONTSuse them...don't abuse them.
Pacifico is a script font I would recommend for using as titles and headers. Do not use this one for body text.