So this is going to be different from my other Top 10 Reviews. I would like to give the caveat that I am a huge Darynda Jones fan. I love the Charley Davidson Series, (and here’s the “but”) but this eighth installment in the series was disappointing for me. It actually pains me to say that. So I am splitting this review:
Top 5 Reasons You Should Read This Book:
- MR. WONG!!! We finally get the low down on Mr. Wong. This was my favorite part of the book.
- The hell hounds. I can’t say anymore without giving it away.
- It is a Charley Davidson book.
- Beep is born.
- Cookie has a life changing event.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Wait Until The Next Book Comes Out:
- The ending is horrible. Horrible like “Oh my God, I can’t believe she went there.” Like “Really, are you kidding me?” Like “Nooooo!!! Say it isn’t so Darynda. You’re better than that!”
- Way too much “I’m a god” talk.
- Charley soooo wouldn’t have responded that way to Beep being in danger.
- Half way into the book and nothing has actually happened.
- It just didn’t feel like a Charley book. There was some snark, but it didn’t flow right, and she just wasn’t as funny as she usually is.
So there it is. It breaks my heart, but I had to say it. I still love you, Darynda!