Welcome to Spring! You shouldn’t just clean your house this spring, you should also give your blog a clean-up.
Tips & Tricks – Clean up your blog
- Remove unused widgets, if they are installed on your blog they are eating up space.
- Remove unused plugins, these too suck away your bandwidth and your storage space
- Do a broken image search
- While you’re at it, check for broken links –> Try this!
- Take it off your sidebar, if it is not essential it needs to go away
- If no one is using your “share” plugin, ditch it
- If you have a meme that you participate in, but gets no comments or pageviews, time to think up a new strategy
- Blogger shout-outs but no reciprocal link? Support someone else that supports you!
Spring Cleaning isn’t just about what your readers see…
- Clean up your tags, do you use reviews and review? Change it to just review. Consolidate your tags and streamline them for easy user searching.
- How many drafts do you have? Go through your old drafts, write and schedule them or ditch them.
- Ditch themes that you haven’t used and don’t plan on using.
- Check your pages – all of them. About, Contact, Review policy. Change dates from 2014 to 2015, delete unnecessary content, update rules and regulations.
- Check your posts, if you have old posts that are still getting traffic, refresh the content.
- Revise your policy pages
- Check your navigation system
Enjoy your happy refreshed blog. Next week we’ll do a bit of “revamping” on the blog.