Welcome to the Feature & Follow
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work?
The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed. All features are chosen randomly to be the feature. They are not chosen by content or name.
Our Feature is Maryam @ Captain Swan Bookishhh
When did you start blogging?
I started blogging a year ago, when I decided to write reviews about books. I did not expect to start a book blog, as at that time I only wanted to rant/spazz about books.
What is your favorite part of book blogging?
My favorite part is, believe it or not, the reviews. Because I love writing my thoughts down, and if that was a book that I totally love, I would want everyone to love it too, so I’d write reviews so that I could try convince everyone to read that book!
What type of books do you mainly blog about?
I used to be totally into New Adult books, until I discovered Young Adults. Especially the paranormal/romance genres. I love everything and anything paranormal, so I was totally sucked into the world of vampires, werewolves and such.
What is your favorite book(s)?
Oh, I have TONS of favorite books. But right now, up to this moment, the book that has always stayed with me since I read it would be To Catch A Pirate by Jade Parker. I think I read that book when I was 14 years old and 7 years later, I could still remember the story line, the romance and basically everything about it!
What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
I met new friends, that’s for sure. People that I can finally spazz about books too (because my real life friends don’t really read books). But the ultra ultra best thing that has ever happened to me, would be my favorite authors acknowledging my existence HAHA. But seriously, if a year ago, someone had told me that someday Paula Stokes would be tweeting to me, I would have laughed in their faces.
This week’s Question:
Have you ever been inspired by a book character to do something? Who was the character and what was it? Suggested by Eternity Through Pages
Oh yeah, a big one too. I was inspired by a few novels, like ENDER’S GAME, DIGITAL FORTRESS and a few other Tom Clancy and David Baldacci books to join the military. 😀
Next week’s question: Have you ever been to BEA? If not, what’s stopping you? If you have, what was your best experience there? Right Click, Save to your hard drive, upload to your #FF post and link to the “subscribe” link of your choice. RULES To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
- If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!