Day 29: User Friendly
User Friendly Blog Checklist:
Checklists are great, aren’t they? But this one might be a little tough to see with a discerning eye. Ask a friend to go through this checklist with you, or look over it yourself and then ask a friend to look over it after you.
- Is your homepage uncluttered?
- Can you figure out what your blog is about from just glancing at your homepage?
- Does your homepage give a feeling of “stay and play awhile?”
Menu & Navigation
- Is your menu system in the right spot?
- Is your menu system easy to navigate?
- Is your menu system on every page?
- Are your links on your navigation system working?
- Everything is clean and organized?
- There is a nice contrast between text and page?
- Font is easy to read
- Font size is legible
- There is nice spacing between elements
- Images and widgets are not popping out of margins?
- Images are high quality and you can legally use them?
- Design reflects your blog personality.
- Are all your links working?
- Contact information listed?
- Site loads quickly?
- Forms work well?