Day 23: Pros & Cons of Blogging
Writing a Pros & Cons List for Blogging
Writing a Pros & Cons list is a basic way of evaluating your mental health in regard to a certain situation. You would write a Pros & Cons list when you are unsure about your job, or a boyfriend you don’t know whether to “take the next step” with. Writing down the most obvious good points and bad points puts things in perspective and gives you a face-value look at exactly what you think about the situation.
Tips on Writing Your Pros & Cons List:
- Focus on the obvious
- Don’t REACH for minutia, you want to focus on Happy Points and Sad Points
- Rank your points on a 1-5 or 1-10 scale on both side, 1 being of little importance, 5 being highly important
- Post your happy and sad points first and then follow up with your ranks. Add them up at the end, higher points you know your answer
- If your con list leans to positive, after all is said and done take a look at your cons list and see if there is anything you can do to fix those issues
- Check your answers and your rankings, why are some important, why are some menial?
The point of writing this list is to know yourself a little better and to realize why you are blogging. It is also to determine what is really getting you down within the blogging community and what is the important points of your hobby. By knowing what makes you happy and what makes you sad or aggravated within the framework of your blogging hobby you know what to focus on and what to avoid in the future. You also might use your answers to shape your blogging future, moving more toward you positive side instead of that negative.
Example Pros & Cons List with Ranking:
|5||Blogging gives me access to publishing world||Looked at as a peon within publishing community||3|
|5||Access to lots of books||Pressure to read quickly||3|
|4||Promoting great authors||Getting too involved with authors||3|
|3||Having people read my work||Having people critique your work||4|
|4||Getting free books||Getting constant review requests||2|
|4||Making online friends||Online drama||3|
|3||Making friends with authors||Making enemies with authors||5|
|3||A great hobby||Takes up a ton of time||3|
|2||Learning online techniques||Fixing blogging software||2|
What is your #1 Pro with blogging?? What is your #1 Con?