On the Ninth Day of Book Blogmas
Parajunkee gave to me…
A Junkee Free-For-All in a New Orleans Gift Wrap
How we celebrate Christmas in New Orleans…
If you slap a Fleur de Lis on ANYTHING it makes the perfect Christmas gift
- In New Orleans we like to burn things, a tradition is the Christmas bonfire, they like to do this especially in the outlying parishes. It is usually done on Christmas Eve.
- I’m sure you’ve heard about Egg Nog – well we have Egg Nog Daiquiris.
- We have this bar called Snake and Jake’s Christmas Club Lounge, it’s scary in a fun sort of way. I don’t think I’ve ever walked in to Snake & Jake’s sober – most people can claim this fact also. It is completely lighted by Christmas lights – there are no “real” lights. You have to dress up in a costume to really fit in.
- No matter when your Christmas party is, there will be drinks. Unless it’s one of those conservative business that don’t want to be sued – no one works for them but out-of-towners.
- We have a Christmas parade, a “running of the Santas” and a Krewe of Kringle pub crawl. A pub crawl is when you go from bar to bar and drink their signature drink in each one – dress as Santa to fit in.
- You should probably wear something with a fleur de lis to fit in at any event.
- There are a few great places to see the lights, especially City Park, The Roosevelt hotel and Fulton Street.
- We can turn a King Cake into anything – even a Candy Cane
- One of the best New Orleans local Christmas songs is called 12 Yats of Christmas
Now it’s your turn…Do whatever you want!!!
Day Eight’s Challenge:
Free for all: Post Anything You Wish