Book Bloggerista News – Your Ticket to the Hottest Book Blogger News, Tips & More!
Bookish Community Links & News
Let’s support our community by leaving comments / linking to / sharing each other’s posts. Find at least 5 posts you like, and share the blogger love by leaving comments at the respective websites.
- I’m loving all the spook and creepy reading recommendations that come in October. Have you read any of the books on this list of 31 Spooky YA Reads for Halloween? Plus here are 10 Awesome YA Reads for Halloween.
- Plus here are 21 Bone-Chilling YA Reads.
- Maybe you prefer 10 Must Read Ghost Stories or 3 Ghostly Good Reads.
- Or maybe you’re more into Witchy Reads.
- Stacked has a genre guide to Gothic fiction.
- You might be a horror-reading-wimp! I can’t relate … man up! Take baby steps with Scary Books for Scaredy-Cats. Or try This (Bookish) Guide to a Not-So_Scary October.
- You NEED to read these tips (from books of course) on how to survive an apocalypse … although “Moaning and shuffling your feet is enough to trick a zombie into thinking you’re one of them” is a sure-fire way to get your ass chomped by a zombie – so yeah – don’t try that one 🙂
- Is Your Boyfriend a Werewolf? 5 Signs to Watch Out For … does he call you his “mate”?
- I revealed a Horror Reading Card. This is how I’ll be discussing my reads every October
- Do You Read Books From Series Out of Order? I’m reading the Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo starting at #9, then #8, #7, #5, and #6 so far.
- I like books as much as – or more – than the average person, but this Book Love is … intense!
- The GIF Reactions to Books is a pretty cool way to show your love of books.
- Uh-oh, here are 20 Signs You Follow Too Many Bookworms on Instagram – book in the grass – totally done that!
- How do you classify the books you haven’t finished reading? I’m digging this system with it’s “rage books”
- Here are 3 Audiobooks That Make You Question Your Humanity – I want to read them all!
- Didya see the 31 Book Pics Instagram challenge hosted by Quirky Bookworm. It’s not too late to participate.
- I’m fascinated by “liars” in books – unreliable narrators. Here are 4 Characters Who Keep Their Secrets. Which books would you add to the list?
- Anybody else need to get on the Project Get The Books Finished train? What books would be on the list you made today? Blog about it!
- There’s a sweet “Diversify your Contemporary YA Reads” Flowchart for your book selecting pleasure.
Upcoming Blog Events
- There’s a nice wrap-up of events over at Halloween in the Book Blogosphere and you can link up your events there as well.
- Dewey’s 24-hour Readathon is October 18, 2014. The Goal: Read, read, read.
- Horror October – The Fortnight Edition is October 18th – 31st, and you’ll be able to link up your Horror themed posts.
- Fortnight of Fright is also October 18 – 31, 2014. This is an opportunity to write a spooky themed guest posts for the hosts.
- #ReadingCram Chills and Thrills Readathon will be Oct. 24 – 31, 2014. You have to read spooky themed books – and there will be daily challenges and they look like FUN!
- The Book Smugglers is hosting a read-along of Hangsaman by Shirley Jackson on October 29, 2014.They will post a joint review of the book and open the floor for discussion and linkage to your posts/reviews.
- The Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon is Nov. 6-11, and requires you to read a holiday (or winter) themed book.
- Sci-Fi Month is Coming (November)! Are You Ready? Link up to all your sci-fi love posts in November.
Bookish Blogging Tips
- Posting Every Day may not be right for you – and it isn’t for most people, so stop worrying about it.
- 5 Tips To Realistically Build A Popular Blog are a reminder that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel.
- You want comments? Check out How to Get Me to Comment on Your Blog.
- Some people don’t like structure, and some need a Structured reading and blogging processes. I’m in the latter camp.
- Let’s Get Real About Stats shares the numbers – visitors, and what’s working or not working for the blog.
- How Do you Keep Things Fresh on your blog? Join the discussion – or create your own post!
- Every blogger should have a basic understanding of HTML. Here’s a handy dandy HTML cheatsheet to help you out.
- Here’s a tutorial that shows you How to Create Circle Pictures FREE with PicMonkey. This type of photo is very popular these days on the interweb.
- Use Giffysnap to help make animated GIFs for your blog – also something that seems popular-ish with blogs these days.
- And here are some Free and Affordable Stock Photo Sites That Don’t Suck.
- Did You Know These 8 WordPress Plugins Can Save You A Lot Of Time?
- Do you use any of these – Work More Efficiently with these 5 Apps for Bloggers? What about any of these 8 Essential Android Apps for Working on the Road?
- 4 mistakes I was making on my about page (and how to fix them!) is essentially about how to think creatively – even for something as simple as an About page.
- Here are 6 Things Your WordPress Site Wants You To Do Every Month … back it up!
- A reminder to do it your own way – Rules Were Made To Be Broken: Blogging For Renegades!