Bookish Community Links & News
Let’s support our community by leaving comments / linking to / sharing each other’s posts. Find at least 5 posts you like, and share the blogger love by leaving comments at the respective websites.
- Amazon Wants You To Pay $120 For A Glorified Library Card – yup! And it doesn’t include all the books – Is #KindleUnlimited Worth It? A Young Adult Book Blogger’s Perspective.
- Sherlock Holmes resume is … damn!
- Sexy, scary, suspenseful: 11 books to put on your summer reading list
- 49 Signs You’re Addicted to Reading … what … who … I’m not addicted dammit!!
- I love this Mid Year Book Freakout meme. It’s a pretty outstanding way to talk about the books you’ve loved (and not-loved-so-much) this year.
- Yes to 6 Book-Based Apps We Wish Existed! I could totally use The Alice in Wonderland Reality Check App on a daily basis at work!
- Do you think it important that you read a variety of genres of books, i.e. Diversifying Reading vs Being a Diverse Reader. I don’t think I’m going to like every genre out there, but I still read outside my “comfort zone” from time to time.
- Here are Five author rap battles that need to happen. Personally I’d like to see JK Rowling battle it out with Suzanne Collins. I think they’d both lay down some sic lyrics!
- Oh, the Books! Bookish Guides: Steampunk has some awesome Young Adult book recommendations. Can you think of any you would add to the list?
- Aussies speak up – is this list – 6 Great YA Books Every Australian Teen Knows – legit?
- Does Your Reading Pace Affect How You Rate A Book? Are there times when it’s not the book’s fault – but you just don’t have huge chunks of time to read it, so your enjoyment of it suffers?
- Ahhh Blog Tours … do you participate in them? Why I’m Done With Blog Tours shares my sentiment on why I personally don’t participate – it’s not you oh author, … it’s me!
- Have you read any of these Series to Read While Waiting for GRRM’s Next Book? I’m still one book behind in this series myself.
- “The other day a website posted the50 Coolest Authors of All Time. Turns out almost all of those authors were men, andalmost all of the authors were white.” So here’s 50 Cool Authors, Period.
- Have you discovered these awesome (book) blogs? Yup!
- When you get into a good book do you Shout or Secret? I gotta tell the whole World! But those heavy books that touch me deep in my soul … well, sometimes, I shout about them quietly … yes, that’s possible!
- Why I Typically Don’t Request ARCs shows quite a reason why you don’t need to be trigger happy with Advanced Reader Copies of Books!
- If Book Nerds Ran the World … Huge, long-awaited book release dates would be national holidays so that everyone could stay home and read – dang right!
- Here are some of the many ways you can Find Time to Listen to Audiobooks – and you definitely should try.
- I had to laugh at some of these Book Blogger Problems … I could add complaining about too many ARCs!
- Do You Have a Review Style? I think of my :reviews” as book discussions and refer to them as such, so I guess that’s my style.
- And from me this week, I re-published an oldie but goodie from my blog – 10 Tips on Book Blogging That Will Help You Win Friends & Influence People.
- Join us in August for Snark Week, yeah you heard me. I’m a huge fan of Shark Week and of course Snark – so let’s put them together and hopefully bring out the inner Snark in all of us. You know you always wanted to let your smart ass out of the closet.
Bookish Blogging Tips
- 5 Blogging Regrets is one of those posts that might help you decide that doing things “your way” on your blog is THE “right way” to go.
- On interesting discussion posts asks Who are Book Reviews For? Do you consider yours to be for yourself – or for people who may be searching for a book to read?
- Do you feel the same way – What ever happened to originality in book blogging? Do we even have to even be original? Shouldn’t it just be #BlogYourWay: How Do You Blog?
- I like the task of looking at the items and coming up with ideas for blog posts in Five Sure-Fire Ways to Come Up With Great Ideas for Your Blog
- The Four Crucial Skills Every Blogger Needs to Develop talks about writing engaging content, networking, mastering WordPress – okay – hello, not everyone is on WordPress! But still – awesome article.
- Are you part of the blogging community? Do you feel like you are actively engaged?
- Talk about hitting the nail on the head – Why Your Site Gets Such Pitiful Traffic (and What to Do about It) is on my point! I took notes.
- Content Isn’t King… Here’s What Is!Usefulness.
- How To Manage Your Social Networking Time More Efficiently has some really good tips.
- 50 Blogging Tips has links to FIFTY tips on blogging – I’m still going through them!