Bookish Community Links & News
Let’s support our community by leaving comments / linking to / sharing each other’s posts. Find at least 5 posts you like, and share the blogger love by leaving comments at the respective websites.
- The 2014 World Fantasy Awards Finalists have been announced and as usual, I want to read ALL the books.
- A More Diverse Universe is BACK this year. Whoop whoop! Get out those books written by authors of color and/or featuring characters of color, and let’s review bomb the internet the last 2 weeks in September. More reminders are a coming, every few weeks until the event.
- Can I just say – I saw this one coming … Will Grayson Will Grayson by David Levithan (and John Green) is going to be a musical! Specifically, the character penned by Levithan – Tiny – who wrote a musical in the book, is going to be the main character.
- For all my fellow Game of Throne fans out there, here’s Where To Find All Those Dang A Song Of Ice And Fire Novellas.
- My response to Why I Returned to the Library … welcome home! And tell your friends 🙂
- Are you on Instagram? Do you agree or disagree with Bookish Thoughts: A Beginner Bookstagrammer’s Thoughts.
- Hopefully the folks at Goodreads have seen this post on 13 Things I WIsh Goodreads Did Better.
- Have you seen the How I Read Tag! making the rounds? It’s so interesting to read everyone’s answers.
- Ever wonder – Is Blogging Restricting My Reading? For me, I do think I’m a bit more restrictive – but it’s also opened me up to new authors, which I would definitely not have noticed before.
- Best Tumblrs for Bookish Types gave me adding even more bloggers to my follow!
- 7 Deadly Sins, 7 Great Reads is an awesome list. I’m going to have to make up my own one of these days.
- Discussion: Why DNFs Are Not a Bad Thing might help make you feel better about not finishing books you’re not enjoying.
Bookish Blogging Tips
- Bloggiesta happened over the weekend, and my favorite mini-challenge was Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge: Time Management (3 Techniques). I personally use the “Scream” technique – scream when there’s not enough time in the day and fake a mini-breakdown to get people to leave you alone!
- 44 – Count ‘em – 44 Ways to get Massive Loads of Blog Readers.
- I am FINALLY on the WordPress train as of last weekend – so I’m keeping a keen eye out for WordPress tips like 15 Must Have WordPress Plugins for 2014 and Five Nifty WordPress Features You (Almost Certainly) Didn’t Know About … and … 20 WordPress Plugins You Can Install Today for Easier Sharing, Better Posting, and a More Powerful Blog.
- And in case you need help crafting blog posts, check out The Only 6 Posts Worth Writing (and How to Totally Nail Each One) .
- 5 Key Elements for a Successful Women’s Blog is mainly talking about style bloggers – but trust me – it is a must read for all other niche bloggers out there (like book bloggers).
- Uh-oh Four Tell-Tale Signs of an Amateur Blog (Are You Avoiding These?) … self-check – are they talking about you?!
- The 6 Elements of a Powerful Blog Post is an awesome infographic with some useful tips.
- 7 Blogs You Should be Following is an awesome idea to share the love for blogs you read.
- Just read No Blog Traffic? Here’s a Simple Strategy to Seduce Readers and Win Clients – you will thank me!
- True Life: I Think I’m A Creep resonates with me, because if I see you reading a book – I’m going to follow you around until you let me see it.