PJV Quickie: While I usually enjoy a Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin, I wasn’t a big fan of Delphine Dryden’s MAI TAI FOR TWO. The couple had a very well-established relationship and the plotting was sloppy. A lot of things happened that wasn’t explained all to lead to the couple getting together.
I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Afterburn and Aftershock by Sylvia DaySeries: Cosmo Red Hot Reads
Published by Thorndike Press on May 13 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Erotica, Romance
Also in this series: Crossing the Line, Her Best Laid Plans, Getting Off
Julie's Hawaiian Vacay Itinerary!
You and your "work husband" have just won an all-expenses-paid vacation in Oahu. Now the fun begins…
1. Get lei'd. (With flowers, obvi.)
2. Settle into your gorgeous ocean-side cabin. Contemplate living in Hawaii forever.
3. Become overwhelmed with hideous unexplained jealousy when your bestie decides to make sexy moves on your work husband, Alan.
4. Dismiss jealousy. After all, you're not interested in Alan "that" way…are you?
5. Avoid joyous dancing when bestie's ex arrives and sweeps her off her feet—leaving Alan completely and totally available.
6. Now you're alone with Alan. Alone. In paradise. Take a deep breath, have a mai tai—or two—and (gulp!) make your move. Be classy.
7. "Accidentally" let Alan peek under your grass skirt.
8. Take off grass skirt.
9. Do Incredibly Naughty and Sexy Things everywhere.
10. And do not think about what happens when you and your work husband go back to reality….
Review: The book is all about two characters with a previous attraction, where they came together in one hot moment, awhile ago, but never discussed it or explored it They are now on vacation together, so they explore that attraction. The characters were odd and the situations that were discussed just didn’t make sense at times. On top of it, I didn’t really like the hero, he was just a wet noodle of a character, I know not all characters can be Alphas, but I didn’t want to read about him.
I thought the idea of the novel was great and that the novella had a lot of potential, if was just put together a little better it would have been great. It just felt like this was a rushed piece.
Recommendations: For a quick hot read, check out Mai Tai for Two, but there are a lot of other Red Hot Reads in this line that I can recommend.