Bookish Community Links & News
Let’s support our community by leaving comments / linking to / sharing each other’s posts. Find at least 5 posts you like, and share the blogger love by leaving comments at the respective websites.
- It is my duty to remind you of the FREE Young Adult audiobooks available via SYNC every week. Sooooo … from May 22 – May 28, go download CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge, Narrated by Elizabeth Knowelden and OEDIPUS THE KING by Sophocles, Performed by Michael Sheen and a full cast (Naxos AudioBooks)
- Do you live in any of the Most Well Read Cities in America? Sadly, mine didn’t – in fact, none of the cities in NY (my state) made the list.
- Goodreads has launched an “Ask the Author” feature on its site. So far there are 54 participating authors including some of my favorites. I feel a lot of pressure to think up just the right question though!
- The complete, definitive, total, unassailable, unquestionable top SF and fantasy books EVER. Kinda. What’s missing?
- June 2014 LibraryReads List has put out this month’s books that librarians are most looking forward to … but no Stephen King? What – his book comes out on June 3rd and I can’t believe it didn’t make this list.
- Could you go 2 months later without NetGalley?
- I’m looking forward to the The Estella Project: Season 2 in June, which challenges us to read 3 books from a list of favorites put forth by bloggers. But, they need your nominees – so submit your FAVORITE BOOKS to this spreadsheetHERE.
- And here’s another similar Summer Reading Challenge focusing on blogger recommended books.
- And one of my favorites – the 2014 Big Book Summer Challenge.My goal is to get through A Dance with Wolves by Geroge Martin. That bad boy is 1000+ pages.
- A guide to buying books when you’re on a budget has some good tips. Library sales are my favorite ways to find good books for a ridiculously good price.
- I’ve been wondering about this myself – do you read “series extras” – like novellas or short stories that are published either in between books in a series or after the series has been concluded? I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t read them.
- Do you even have a book budget? Or are you avoiding looking at home much you actually spend on books (eBooks included)?!
- Do you agree with the choices on this list of the best fairy tale retellings?
- I saw the X-Men movie this weekend and it was pretty darn good. Now I want to check read the selections from Mutant and Proud: 6 Books for X-Men Fans.
- Do you have Personal Reading Rules? I’m slowly developing mine, but they are more for the types of books I want to read and blog about.
- There are so many summer reading lists out there now, and I’m loving it. Here’s Picks for the Best Summer Reading from Amazon.com. Here’s a nice roundup of Beach Reads 2014 – The Definitive List of Lists!
- Many bookish peeps are going to Book Expo America this week, many are not. If you are, and didn’t get invited to those Those Exclusive BookExpo America Publisher Parties I’ve seen people talk about, then don’t be sad – have your own!
- Say it with me – SAZ is Back! My girl went on a hiatus from book blogging, but she couldn’t stay away. But, LET’S TALK: Finding the Time to Blog – sometimes it’s hard.
- Amen to 10 Things I Think My Husband Is Sick Of This Bookworm Saying! Now someone needs to make a list that involves bst friends, family members, co-workers, strangers in the street …
- Top Ten Ways You Know You Have Too Many Books To Read … you need a spreadsheet to keep track of what books you own … hmmm …
- I’m loving all the attention being paid to reading diversity these days. Here are 30 Diverse YA Titles To Get On Your Radar.
- The World Cup is coming. Everybody says Brazil or Germany are the 2 that will win. But who’s going to win the 2014 World Cup of Literature?
- Help some bloggers out by telling them how much you like libraries for their Snagged @ The Library: Even
- And from your’s truly this week, I shared my 5 Favorite Spring Reads and 6 Degrees of Separation With Pure by Julianna Baggott.
- Now, what would YOU do if you were locked in a bookstore overnight? Say – a Barnes & Noble? From their blog … 33 More Things We’d Do If We Were Locked in a Bookstore Overnight.
Bookish Blogging Tips
10 Tips for Re-designing a Blog reminds us, the theme doesn’t need to be elaborate. Find a signature font … hmmmm – never thought of that.
Having Confidence as a Blogger can come and go as insecurities come to the surface. Have you identified what might make you feel insecure as a blogger? How do you deal with it?
Optimize Blog Content for Social Media with These 4 Effective Tactics which includes include a “call to action”
6 Research-Backed Ways to Get More Followers on Twitter, Facebook, G+, and More has some really good tips – but remember, quantity – not quality – is key.
The most awesome tip in 3 Ways To Improve Your Blogging Productivity Today is “Stop doing things that do not generate any results.”
Should You Have One Blog or Several if You’re Interested in Multiple Topics? One – take the time to build it. If you want to write about other topics, try guest posting.
Four Questions You Need To Ask Yourself (Right Now) isn’t about blogging, but it’s certainly applicable.
What’s the Best Way to Grow Your Blog? Is there a “best way”?