Welcome to Day 9 – Serious issues for readers that non-readers or light readers would think you are mental if you discussed them.
Yeah this can get crazy…
- The movie poster as the book cover really really pisses me off.
- The fact that some of my best friends are characters in books
- The fact that I might have bigger crushes on romantic heroes…then my actual husband (don’t tell him this!) At least the romantic heroes don’t take me for granted…and they stop talking when I shut the book. *snicker*
- That I’m pissed that Katniss was the most popular baby name (along with Django) in 2013 – not in 2008 when the book was published. What, that doesn’t make you angry too??
- The fact that I use words like distraught, laconic and I know what a homonym is –
- The voices in my head are actually the characters of certain books that haven’t been written yet…
- I can’t carry a clutch because it doesn’t fit my book.
- In a pinch I can read on my iPhone
- Wishing my kid would grow up quicker so she can read the Harry Potter series for the first time.
- A perfect vacation day would just be staying home to read.
- Having to restrain myself when someone utters “why should I read the book, I’ll just watch the movies.”
- Reading outside is my “outdoor” activity
- The fact that I have to reread the series right before the next book comes out, no matter how many books they have in the series.
- The fact that I can read an entire book in a couple of hours.
- The fact that I’m getting kind of pissed writing this list…you can not imagine the stupid crap that people say to me, just when they hear that I read a few books a week. Like I’m weird because I like to read. I guess if I said I like to work-out a few times a week, people would be cool…
So what do you think? Do you have some of these issues too?