Welcome me lovelies to DAY 2 of The Fool’s Challenge. Holla! How did the pranks go over yesterday? Mine, well it wasn’t off the charts crazy, but I thought it was fun. Some of you guys, sick, just sick 😉
About the challenge… anyone can participate, you can do things any way you please. Link up your post below or not. Use the graphic, don’t use the graphic, it is up to you. Just do what I tell you to do each day as part of the challenge. Link ’em up if you want to have others stop by and check out your post.
Today is Day 2 – which means:
Tell everyone how big a “Fool For Books” you are.
I’m a Fool for Books. Let me count the ways:
- The first thing I do when opening a book is take a sniff. I love the smell of the ink and paper.
- My bookshelves are organized by Signed, Read YA, Read Adult, Not Interested in Reading but the Covers are pretty, To be Read YA, To be Read Adult, To be Review Everything
- Some of my favorite books grace my shelves, files in multiple formats. ARC, Hardback, Paperback and Audiobook, Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning I have multiple of each, some are signed
- Scratch that, even if they aren’t beloved books, I will have both the print version and audiobook, just because I didn’t have time to read the book…so I downloaded the audiobook because it fits better in my queue
- While excited about books that get turned into movies, I really don’t want everyone to read the book just because the movie is coming out. It’s my selfish way of keeping things away from the unintelligent masses and ruining the happy feeling of the book. Yet, I’m happy that the author is making bank.
- I don’t consider myself a muggle.
- I’ve taken off of work to read a series ender
- I’ve stood in line for 4 hours to get a book signed
- I tried to name my child after favorite book characters, but the dh wouldn’t let me. Said something like “Sounds like a McDonald’s hamburger” – MacKayla and “You gotta be kidding me…” – Katniss.
- I feel betrayed by Anne Rice and Laurel K. Hamilton because of the direction of their books and then of course their ridiculous online behavior
- I tell stories about “this friend I know” and realize it’s a story I read
- Some of my best text exchanges are about books, not sexting 😉
- I read my child Pride and Prejudice at the age of 3 because I couldn’t stomach Pinkalicious anymore…
- I am torn between growing up to be Elena Michaels or Hermione Granger. The deciding factor is really broken down to Clay or Ron. Well we know who the winner is there…
- I will not be surprised when Vampires come out of the coffin…
- My actual TBR, books I own, is in the upper 3 digits
- If I see that it is Free on Amazon, and someone recommends it, I just download it, I don’t even read the synopis
- My eReader TBR, I have not counted…
- My audio TBR, I have not counted, but I have to keep most in the Cloud, because Audiobooks, not pictures or music take up most of my phones gigs
- I usually am listening to one or two books (on on the phone, one on the computer), am reading a paper book and two eBooks all at the same time. One eBook on my Kindle one on my iPad. And I don’t even count the one on my Kobo – but there is one on there that is currently being read.
- I’m going to stop here…this is making me seem manic.
How are you a FOOL FOR BOOKS??
Leave your link below. These posts will go live every morning at 9am CST. Happy fooling around.