Happy Thanksgiving y’all, as a fellow book nerd there are just some things I can’t help but acknowledge.
A Book Nerd’s Thankful List:
- Audiobooks – How else would I know how to pronounce prescience or know what a Prussian accent sounds like?
- Caffeine – How else would I be able to stay up all night and finish my latest book obsession?
- Totes – I’m so glad large purses are in style now, because I can carry around my current paperback and my eReader easily.
- Un-original Hollywood People –I am very thankful for the fact that a lot of people that make movies aren’t creative enough to form their own ideas, so they plunder popular books. How else would I get to see all my favorites become movies?
- Greedy Publishers – I am so very thankful that publishers want to sell as many books as possible, so they exploit trilogies and series like crazy. This way I get to live with my favorite characters for a long long time…and then even after the series ends – they publish more!
- The Hoarders TV Show – Because now I have a name for my particular brand of book crazy – Book Hoarder!
- Narrow-Minded People – For constantly challenging really good books. This makes people want to read even more!!
- Outdated Libraries – Because they don’t have computers, therefor only people who actually read are in attendance.
- Harry Potter – Because suddenly I am not so weird anymore. Other people get it – even if they didn’t read the books (even though I won’t acknowledge those people).
- Fifty Shades of Grey – Now I know a good portion of the world is just as perverted as me.
- Kindle – One click free downloads?? FTW! Best invention of the last 50 years.
- The Internet – Because where else can I connect with people like me?