I read somewhere that about 15% of online users actually read word for word on a web page.
What does this mean for you?
The Majority of your readers will just scan your blog post before moving on. To counteract this, maybe offer them a reason to pay better attention to your post.
- A compelling headline that gives the gist of what the reader will be getting within the article.
- Summarize your post in an excerpt or pull-out
- If it is a review, use a rating system that is easy to understand
- Use headline tags to separate key points
- Don’t clutter up the start of the blog post with points that are of little value
- Don’t write a novel, stick to key points, succinct explanations and only include points that convey valuable information
I do believe users in the book blogging world might be better readers then the rest of “normal” users — lets see if our numbers add up to the general population of internet users?