Kagawa’s vampires are a unique variety, and here is why…
Why being a Vampire in the Blood of Eden world rocks!
- The Vampires of the Blood of Eden series inhabit a dystopian world in which they are the TOP of the food chain. There is no skulking around in dark alleys for these vampires. They rule the world, literally, humans are the minority.
- Just because you become a vampire, doesn’t mean you are automatically a monster. Just like humans, vampires have a choice to become monsters. They can protect humans, they can enslave humans or they can just succumb to their hunger and become a monster.
- While Kagawa’s vampires are strong and faster then humans they aren’t these super-beings that can fly, leap tall buildings…etc. There are limits.
- Humans know you are a vampire, so they kind of just leave you alone. You are the Big-Bad-Scary, no introduction needed. In a dystopian world where everyone is doing whatever it takes to survive, being the baddest of the bad is not a “bad” thing.
- There are Master level vampires and rulers of cities that call themselves Princes. They usually stay within a family unit. I think if I was a vampire, I would want to be a Master. 😀
My favorite vampire within the Blood of Eden series is Allie — so I created some Fan Art for the series for this post, what do you think?
And a team badge! I just couldn’t resist…I am a fan of one particular human in the series:
You won’t want to miss book 2 in Julie Kagawa’s dystopian masterpiece, Blood of Eden, optioned for a movie by Palomar Pictures.
How do you face the end of eternity?
In Allison Sekemoto’s world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood.
She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie’s birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence.
About the Author
She’s awesome..ok you know that, here is the real bio:
Julie Kagawa was born in Sacramento, California. But nothing exciting really happened to her there. So, at the age of nine she and her family moved to Hawaii, which she soon discovered was inhabited by large carnivorous insects, colonies of house geckos and frequent hurricanes. She spent much of her time in the ocean, when she wasn’t getting chased out of it by reef sharks, jellyfish and the odd eel.
To pay the rent, Julie worked in different bookstores over the years, but discovered the managers frowned upon her reading the books she was supposed to be shelving. So she turned to her other passion: training animals. She worked as a professional dog trainer for several years, dodging Chihuahua bites and overly enthusiastic Labradors, until her first book sold and she stopped training to write full-time.
Julie now lives in Louisville, Kentucky, where the frequency of shark attacks are at an all-time low. She lives with her husband, two obnoxious cats, one Australian shepherd who is too smart for his own good and the latest addition, a hyperactive Papillon puppy.
Find The Immortal Rules & The Eternity Cure
There are two giveaways offered here today!
- One lucky winner gets a Copy of The Immortal Rules or The Eternity Cure
- One lucky winner also gets a Blood of Eden inspired Travel Package: A beautiful handmade Leather Travel Journal, handmade pencils, a copy of The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure and a vintage Leather messenger bag “Alison Style”. Entries into the daily giveaway will also count toward the grand prize give-away!
- Giveaway is provided by Kismet tours, not by Parajunkee’s View
- Please review TOS in the Rafflecopter widget for shipping eligibility & other restrictions