The Shifter Challenge 2011
This is the official sign-up post for the Parajunkee’s View Shifter Challenge 2011. Along with vamps, I happen to have a thing for the fabulously furred. You might call me, well a Junkee *snicker*
So, join me today in the Shifter Challenge, where we celebrate those fantastically furred peeps that are quite normal except for the fact that they spend a good bit of their lives on four legs.
- Post about this challenge on your blog stating that you are participating. That post is the link that you will include in the Mr. Linky below. The link should be the post link not just your blog link.
- Grab the button and display it in the post (use grab code underneath the button) or on your sidebar so others can join in the fun.
- Challenge goes from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
- The challenge is to read 20 books that have a SHIFTER as a main character, either protag or antagonist
- Post your reviews on the Review Post: http://www.parajunkee.com/2011/01/shifter-challenge-2011-review-link-up.html
Q: Can I read more than 20?
A: You can read as many as you want.
Q: Do I have to have a blog?
A: No, you don’t have to. If you would like to sign up using an online profile go ahead and do that, just post in the comments section the books you’ve read.
Q: Do I have to know what books I’m going to read ahead of time?
A: No you do not. Pick them as you go, or have them all mapped out, it is up to you.
Q: Do I have to stick to a particular genre?
A: Nope, as long as it has a SHIFTER as a main character.
Q: If the book is about vampires, but their is a werebat or werecat in it does that count?
A: The shifter needs to be a main character. If there is a slight reference to a shifter in the novel that doesn’t count.
Q: Does it matter what kind of shifter they character is, do WereSnakes count?
A: Any shifter you want, all cool. Now lets get this straight, for definitive purposes, we are defining a shifter as a human that changes into an animal, or an animal that turns into a human. Hence shifter = shifts from one form to the other. The other form being animal.
Q: Can I join up whenever I feel like it?
A: If you thought you could do it, you could join up in December 2011…no restrictions
Q: Will their be monetary compensation for those that complete the challenge.
A: Nope, just the undeniable glory of having completed a vampiric milestone.