I posted that I would do a design contest at 599 followers. I’m doing something very different this go round. You can win a brand new blog design – the works – and a mentor-ship, to get that new blog up and running.
Introducing the Big Sis, Little Blog Mentor/Scholar-ship Program.
Quite a mouthful, but hopefully it will go well. This idea started with me when I began reading back and forth posts regarding the Affiliates programs that are popping up everywhere in our book bloggyverse. So first off I would like to thank Jamie @ The Book Junkie’s Bookshelf
& Natalie @ Mindful Musings
for sparking my creative juices.
It made me realize that there is some difference between the “big” blogs, and the little start-ups, but it has nothing to do with popularity, or anything of that nature. It is just experience and knowledge. The bigger blogs have been around the block, they’ve promoted their blogs incessantly and have made contacts throughout the bloggy universe.
So, for the latest design contest welcome to my mentor/scholar-ship program.
This is not a number out of a hat kind of contest. This is first an application process and then the finalists will be voted on – sidebar polls on this blog.
Five applicants will be chosen out of all that apply and those five will be posted on a poll on this blog. Winner with the most votes will be the winner.
The five finalists will be chosen by the quality of their reviews, originality, and tone of their blogs. I understand if the blog is “in the works” this is the point of this contest, to get you from “in the works” to “holding your own.”
To qualify as an applicant, you must meet the following criteria:
- New blogger, or a blogger that hasn’t taken off (under 50 followers). Its ok if you have 0 followers, but you must have a blog
- You blog must be devoted to books. It is ok if you do posts off topic once and awhile, but the main focus must be books
- You must also place a Big Sis button on the blog’s sidebar that you are listing (directions and buttons below)
- Fill out the Application below
What the winner will receive!
- A new blog design, complete with header, background, header styling, signature and button
- Mentorship, your questions answered – a step-by-step guide to how to handle getting your blog up in the rankings
- And I will provide a “hot” book for you to give away on your blog
What a package right???!!! Questions, please leave them in the comments. I’m sure I’m leaving some things out, so I will update this posts as things come up.
The application process will go on until March 31st, 2010 (or if the number of applicants is overwhelming I might end early). The five finalist will be notified and posted soon after that.