Random Non-Book Related PostMy Fave Summer Alcoholic Beverages
One of my favorite things to do during the summer is to hang out by the pool with a drink in my hand. Here are some favorite summertime drinks that we enjoy at our pool parties.
Photo by Clarice Barbato-Dunn, SANGRiA
Every day is a Pool Party with our family! Gotta find a way to stay cool during these HOT Louisiana summers. These are the drinks we like to drink while swimming around in summer.
A favorite of mine! I love a good daiquiri, especially one made with real fruit.
- 4 oz. light rum
- 1 c. strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Lime (juiced)
- 1 c. ice
Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Another favorite. We have multiple recipes for this drink and keep on tweaking it, if you don’t get it right it can be bitter.
- 4 c. cubed watermelon
- 2 oranges sliced
- 1 750-ml. bottle moscato
- 1 c. rum
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 limes sliced
Combine all the ingredients into a blender (except oranges & lime slices) and blend together. Chill and serve with orange and lime slices for garnish.
Blackberry & Mint Mojito
I love any kind of Mojito, this is a mix of the mint and blackberry mojitos and taste yummy
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 oz rum
- soda waterCreate the blackberry juice by combining the blackberries and water in a blender. (Reserve some blackberries for garnish) Blend until pureed and strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.Muddle the mint leaves and add them to a glass, add the juice from the lime, include a sprig of lime rind (optional) and muddle again. Add ice, then rum, then the blackberry juice and top with soda water to fill glass. Stir. Garnish with mint and blackberries.
I love Yummy Summertime Drinks!
Summertime Challenge Info:
- The challenge will run the month of June (link lists will be closed down July 1)
- The first post goes up June 1 and will run Monday – Friday’s the month of June (posts will not be up on the weekends, we have to have swim time at some point!)
- You don’t have to have a book blog, or “blog” to participate, you can do this on Facebook or another social site if you want
- If you post, please leave a link. There will be a weekly link-up post – scheduled for Monday with the scheduled topics for that week. Please link in that post.
- This is to help, not hinder – don’t stress if you miss a day or two or three
- Share your post and use the hashtag #SummerBookBlogChallenge
- Week 5 - Link up post
- Post 19 - Write a Bad Summer Poem (Or Good if you like that stuff)
- TBL - Favorite Quotes from Books
- TBL - City Summer Spotlight
- TBL - Challenge Wrap-up