1. This book did something that no book has done before. It made me cry, and I don’t cry. I get bummed. I get mad. But there I was sniffling and crying like a baby.
2. There are horses. Horses are awesome.
3. Briggs does an excellent job describing the fae and fae magic in her books. This one has a fetch.
4. We actually get to know more about Charles as a person and not just as his father’s assassin.
5. An interesting plot and sub plot that moves away from Montana and Mercy (Mercy Thompson Series).
6. A mother’s love is tested.
7. A werewolf is made.
8. More of Anna’s “powers” are revealed.
9. Anna goes head to head with Charles’s ex-girlfriend.
10. This book is not simply an add on to the series. It has a good plot, a setting change, new characters, and reveals more about the leading couple. Excellent book.
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Dead Heat by Patricia BriggsSeries: Alpha & Omega #4
Published by Penguin on March 3rd 2015
Genres: Contemporary, Fantasy, Fiction, General, Urban
Also by this author: Fire Touched
For once, mated werewolves Charles and Anna are not traveling because of Charles’s role as his father’s enforcer. This time, their trip to Arizona is purely personal, as Charles plans to buy Anna a horse for her birthday. Or at least it starts out that way...
Charles and Anna soon discover that a dangerous Fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The Fae’s cold war with humanity is about to heat up—and Charles and Anna are in the cross fire.