Day 5: Friendly Feedback[clearboth] [br]
Friendly Feedback or Constructive Criticism
In Design School after a project was complete the teachers would make us stand in front of the class with our mock design and each person in the class that had something to say would deliver constructive criticism. Sometimes constructive was more like brutal, sometimes it was cathartic, but at every point, it was intense. In the end, did it help? In some cases, yes. You had to pick and choose what you considered constructive and helpful and what you considered destructive.
Choose Your Helper Wisely
Choose a few people, grab a person with little internet knowledge and someone with working knowledge. Ask them to take a look at your blog and offer, constructive criticism.
Ask your helpers a few questions:
- What do you think of the design?
- What do you think of the colors?
- Can you read the fonts?
- Did you notice anything on the sidebars?
- Did the posts stand-out?
- What article stood out the most?
- What thing stood out the most on the site?
- What did you think of the menu system?
- Were links easy to find and click on?
- Were you able to find the email subscription?
- Did you understand what the blog was about?
- What did you find most pleasurable about the blog?
- What did you find most disagreeable about the blog?
- What did you think about the writing?
- Is there anything you would like to see on the blog?