Day 4: Top Commenters[clearboth] [br]
There are a few plugins that will display your top commentators in WordPress which are easy to install and display on your sidebar. Blogger is a little harder – but it can be as simple as pasting text in a sidebar widget. Once you have shown who your top comments are coming from, it is easy to thank them or offer them an incentive.[br]
Why you should track your top commenters.
- Rewards work. Rewarding people for commenting is just a nice thing to do and it shows that you really appreciate the time they take to leave feedback on your blog.
- Competition. One of your readers might think they are your number one fan, but they aren’t number one on your list. It will inspire them to comment more.
- Respect Comments. It shows others that you respect commenters and appreciate them with rewards. It will entice others to comment and participate.
- Shows Activity. You want your blog to to seem alive and in working order, the fact that you have active commenters is a good sign for potential readers.
- Gives you a guide. You have a list of blogs to follow and comment on right in your sidebar.
How to reward your top commenters.
- Freebies. Freebies are always welcome. Gift your top commenters with a gift card, or an eBook or pass along some of those extra books on your TBR pile.
- Advertising Space. If they have a blog spot, maybe offer up a rotation banner area for your top commenters.
- Guest Posts. Offer them a guest post so they can get more exposure.
- Thankful Posts or Emails. Send them a nice thank you email or write a post and thank them publicly.
Today I would personally like to thank my Top Commenters with a special shout-out!