PJV Quickie: An über sexy, hot, short read – just what you should expect with a Harlequin’s RED-HOT-READ. CROSSING THE LINE takes office romance to a new level, switching gender roles and usual romantic tropes to make an original, sexy short.
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Crossing the Line by Megan HartSeries: Cosmo Red Hot Reads
Published by Harlequin on 2014-06-01
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Also in this series: Her Best Laid Plans, Getting Off, Breaking All Her Rules
5 Rules for Sexy Play in the Workplace!
1. Know the company policy;—You just got an opportunity to finally snag that sweet corner office. The last thing you need is a wicked distraction .
2. Don't date your boss-Sure, Jamison Wolfe has a smile that could send a woman into instant orgasmic joy. But more important, he's your strict, control-freakish boss. Your hot, sexy, control-freakish boss.
3. Keep PDA out of the office-Okay, so you slipped up. Once. It was just the temptation of having Jamison at your complete naked mercy.
4. Prepare for the worst-This can't go anywhere. You know it, he knows it. So why stop now?
5. Be discreet-Even when it gets more intense. Even when you push every limit you both possess
Review: The synopsis sounds very cutesy/contemporary/chick lit – but CROSSING THE LINE is anything but. Hart managed to fit a full-blown romance into 80 pages and include angst, a ton of sexy-time and relationship issues of epic proportions. I’m not usually one for bondage, but I do like it when the woman takes control and this one put this at the top. The main character was that “in-charge” female – yet the romance, well lustmance – was not sacrificed. Then the boss/hero – didn’t fall under the, ‘I’m so sexy, cocky, arrogant, rich’ trope that these office/boss/romance characters usually fall under. It was different, it was believable – it was like getting a little peak into a real couple’s story. I’m usually not one for bondage tales, after the debacle of FIFTY SHADES, but this one was not an in your face lesson about BDSM, again it was just a couple, exploring their new relationship. Take a chance on this one, you might be surprised, but don’t expect the usual.
Recommendations: Adults only, bondage, highly descriptive sex scenes and language. Fans of Lauren Dane, Maya Banks and Jaci Burton should enjoy.