What is the Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge you might ask? Find out more here.
Day 2 – YOUR PROS & CONS OF BLOGGING LIST.
Book Blogging Pros
Not listed in any particular order….[list icon="icon: smile-o"]
- Connect with bookish people
- Spread the love of my favorite books
- More exposure for my design brand
- Connect with Authors
- Connect with other Readers
- Access to favorite books quicker
- Access to ARCs and early release copies
- Flexing my writing muscle…
- Become famous and take over the world…eventually
- Big bucks with my affiliate cash (joke!)
- Keep informed about bookish events and fun things
- Learn about great books for similar readers
- Justification of time spent on computer
- Justification of book hoarding
- Justification of not having to talk to real people (I’m reading!)
- Free books!
- Other people actually get my vampire and werewolf obsession
- I get to write stuff and people comment and say it’s awesome…
- Access to publishers and learn about the publishing industry
Book Blogging Cons
Not listed in any particular order….[list icon="icon: frown-o"]
- Drama Drama Drama
- Reading can become a chore
- Pressure to post
- Pressure to deliver quality content
- Hours spent online
- Headaches of troubleshooting CMS programs
- Judgey Judgerpants, always critiquing everything I do…
- The TBR pile
I’m sure you have your own Pros & Cons list…let us have it!
Founder at Parajunkee's View
Rachel, whom you might know as Parajunkee, is the blog owner of parajunkee.com and the design blog parajunkee.net. Rachel has been blogging for over to five years, designing / web programming for over twelve, but her real love, reading, has been her favorite hobby since childhood. Rachel has won numerous awards for her writing, the blogs she has created and her design work.
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- Book Blogging 101 – The legalities of the animated gif - August 28, 2014
- PJV Must Read – Ann Aguirre’s I WANT IT THAT WAY + Giveaway - August 27, 2014
- I am the Mission by Allen Zadoff - August 27, 2014